3.27.2011

Couponing 101

OK, where to begin...

First of all, you simply must check out Southern Savers.  I know a lot of people talk about Coupon Mom but really...Southern Savers is a lot more user-friendly in my opinion.  Jenny is the girl who runs the site and she is so helpful.  You can search by store, check off only the items you want to buy, then print your list so you're not buying a bunch of junk you don't want to buy.  She has links to the printable coupons and even makes up "scenarios" to help you see exactly how to use the coupons to save the most money.  (This kind of thing is especially helpful with the drug stores.)  So anyway, check out her site, subscribe to her emails, and start small.  That would be my advice.  It used to take us @ 2 hours a week to get everything organized to go to the store, but once we got a good system organized, the time really cut back.  Now it takes maybe 30 minutes or so to prepare for a shopping trip and we always save at least 50%.  Its awesome.  I am so used to saving and using coupons that now I simply refuse to buy anything full-price. :)  Call me cheap, but that's just how it is.

If you'd like to see how I've used Southern Savers to save money at Target, CVS, Walgreens, and Rite-Aid, check out this link.  (This one page contains all the posts that talk about how I used coupons to save, so you won't have to search all over my blog for more info.)

One more thing...If anyone is interested in joining us as an author here to share their own couponing tips, please let me know!! 

No comments: