5.29.2011

Rite Aid & CVS!

I would totally have pictures up of the stuff I got today, but our camera is taking its last breath and refusing to work with me. :(  I had to go ahead and share my good deals today, though.

Before I get into details, I want to apologize.  The last month and a half has been I-N-S-A-N-E with the CRCT going on (our state testing here in GA) and then school wrapping up.  Ugh, so much going on, so much stress.  Its over now, though, and I am soooo ready for summer.  I hope to do much better about sharing good deals we find and, hopefully, help all of you learn a little more and save some money for your family as well. :)


So.  As usual, I visited Southern Savers on Thursday afternoon/early evening so I could check out the deals and plan out my trips.  I then spent Friday night and Saturday afternoon (when I could find a minute here or there) finding and clipping the coupons that match the deals.  In case you don't remember, I am NOT a coupon clipper.  I file every week's coupon inserts (I buy the "double coupon" edition so I have extras) in its own manila folder in a file box that has a handle on it.   That way I can clip upstairs or downstairs...wherever is more peaceful so I can focus.

I got up early this morning (Sunday) and headed to Rite Aid.  The reason I start at Rite-Aid is that its farther from church AND tends to get busier after 9 am.  The CVS I visit is not far from church, so I head to Rite Aid first, then CVS, then straight to church.  ANYWAY.  I was specifically heading to Rite Aid this morning because we were in need of TP and cat litter (which they didn't have!  ugh!), something we definitely needed.  I already had $5 +UP rewards from last week's visit, so while I knew I would spend a little, it would help having those +UP rewards to use like store credit. :)  So, here's how it went:

Transaction #1:
4 bottles of Arm & Hammer detergent: B1G1 50% off at.$6.99 each
(got 2 bottles for $6.99 each and the other two for $3.50 each)
Subtotal: $20.98
Coupons:  (2) $1 off 2 bottles of Arm & Hammer liquid detergent
+UP Rewards:  $5
Grand total after coupons and sales tax: $15.45
Received $10 +UP rewards for spending $20 before coupons on Arm & Hammer products

Transaction #2:
2 packs of 20 rolls of Scott bathroom tissue: $12.97 each
1 pack of 216 Huggies baby wipes: $6.97
1 refillable Huggies baby wipe packs: $1.99
Subtotal: $34.90
Coupons: (3) $1 off Scott bathroom tissue -- one from Rite Aid's Video Values site, two manufacturer; one $0.50 off Huggies Wipes; one $3 off $15 purchase (from code at bottom of previous week's receipt)
+UP rewards: $10 from transaction #1
Grand total after coupons and sales tax: $20.63
Received $10 +UP rewards for my next visit!

So, for a grand total of $36.08 I got 40 rolls of TP, a huge bag of Huggies wipes, a travel pack of wipes, and 4 bottles of Arm & Hammer laundry detergent.  That averages out to be $4.01 per item.  Not too shabby, I don't think!  Also, I have $10 to use next time, so that's cool, too!
*************************************************
Now, for my CVS trip.  I spent less than $8 there and left with $6.99 ECB, so I was excited about that trip!  Here's what happened:

Transaction #1:
Benadryl Anti-Itch Cream (because itchy bug bites STINK!): $7.89
Used $4 ECB from last week's visit
Used $1 off coupon from last week's paper
Grand total after coupons and sales tax: $3.44
Received $3 ECB for spending at least $7 on anti-itch products

Transaction #2:
Bic Soleil Shimmer razor system: $6.99
Used $3 ECB from transaction #1
Used a $3 off coupon from last week's paper
Grand total after coupons and sales tax: $1.48
Received  $3 ECB for buying the razor


Transaction #3:
Preparation H wipes (Hey, don't judge!  Anyone who has given birth knows why I buy these!): $3.99
Used $2 off coupon (printable)
Grand total after coupon and sales tax: $2.27
Received $3.99 ECB for buying the wipes

I couldn't use the $3 ECB on transaction #3 because the total was less than $3!  Doesn't bother me, because that means I have more to use next time! :)  So, how about you?  Find any good deals this week?

No comments: