5.31.2011

I love freebies and cheapies!

Wal-Mart has some really good deals that, combined with coupons, makes for some great freebies!!  Here's what I picked up today:

I got these items for a grand total of $3.18!  If I hadn't bought the Suave Kids' "Morning Hair" spray, I would have only spent $1.26, but oh well.  Anyone who has seen Hannah's hair knows it is CRAZY and could likely benefit from some of that stuff.  Also, the band-aids and first aid kits will be totally handy this summer as the kids play outside more and more, and the other stuff...just good to have. :)  Anyway, here's how I did this:

The Nexcare bandages were on sale for $1 each.  I printed out two $1 off coupons from Southern Savers so both boxes were free.  The razors were $1.97 and I had a $2 off coupon, so those were also free (with three cents profit).  The KY jelly was $2.62 and I had a $3 off coupon, so it was also free + profit!  (That means I got $0.38 taken off the price of other items!)  The travel first aid kits were $0.97 each, and I had a coupon for $1 off WYB 2, so they were $0.47 each.  When I threw in the morning hair spray, which was $1.92, the overage from the KY & razor coupons brought down the price, so my total (with tax) was only $3.18.  Not bad for a Wal-Mart trip! :)

My friend Kelly was with me and she was laughing at me because I was totally cashier profiling.  I almost got in a different checkout lane, but when I saw this young guy at another register, I totally knew he'd be nice to the crazy lady with the coupons. :)  I was right!  The older ladies tend to be pickier and will fuss with you over coupons, reading them and double checking everything.  I mean, I never use incorrect or expired coupons, but I'd rather deal with someone who's nice and easygoing, you know?

After leaving Wal-Mart I went to the Bath & Body Works shop up at Tanger Outlets and used my coupon for a free travel-sized item with any purchase. :)  I got both of these body sprays for $5.35 (with tax), so basically B1G1free.  I rarely use more than just a quick spritz so these two bottles will last me for-ev-er.  Pretty good deal, in my opinion.

I checked out the Kroger unadvertised deals last night and printed out a list of free or less than $1 deals, so I plan to head there sometime in the next couple of days.  If you see/hear about any good deals, let me know!

No comments: