5.01.2011

Back to Bargain Hunting!

Ahhh...After a week off due to no coupons in the Easter Sunday paper and a serious lack of exciting deals, I am happy to say I was able to make a couple of very nice visits to CVS and Rite-Aid this morning. :)

Once again, Chris got the kids up and ready while I went and did my shopping before church.  My first stop was Rite-Aid (after picking up this morning's double coupon edition of the paper, of course).  I had three transactions this morning.  All in all I spent $12.88 and saved $26.42!  Here's what I got:

My first transaction went like this:
Charmin (16 rolls):  $7.49 w/card
Nivea Self-Tanning Lotion:  $9.99
Coupons:  $2 off Nivea lotion, $10 +UP rewards from previous visit
Grand total:  $6.70
Got back $5 +UP rewards for buying the Nivea self-tanning lotion.

Second transaction:
Gillette Fusion Powerglide Razor:  $9.99 w/card
Dove Men's Deodorant: $3.99 w/card
Coupons:  $4 off Gillette razor, $5 +UP rewards from trans. #1
Grand total:  $5.96
Got back $3 +UP rewards for buying the deodorant AND $5 +UP rewards for buying the razor!  That's $8 back for after spending just under $6!!

Third transaction:
Raisin Bran: $1.99 w/card
Corn Pops: $1.99 w/card
(2) Powerade Zero drinks: $0.88 each w/card
Lance Cheese & Peanut Butter crackers (6 pack): $1.00 w/card
Excedrin Extra Strength (24 count): $1.99 w/card
Coupons: $8 +UP rewards from transaction #2, B1G1 free Powerade Zero, $0.55 off Lance crackers, $1 off 2 Kellogg's cereals, $1 off Excedrin 20-24 count
Grand total: $0.22

After I finished up at Rite-Aid, I headed down the street to CVS!  Once again, I had three transactions.  I spent a total of  $18.11 and saved $27.26!  Here's what I brought home:

First transaction:
Colgate MaxFresh toothpaste: $2.77 w/card
Ivory Soap (3 pack): $0.99 w/card
Coupons: $1 off Colgate toothpaste, $0.50 off Ivory soap
Grand total: $2.52
Got back $2.77 ECB for buying the toothpaste

Second transaction:
(2) Schick Intuition razor cartridges: $11.99 each
Coupons: $2 off Schick Intuition cartridges, $3 off Schick Intuition cartridges, $6 ECB from previous visit, $2.77 ECB from transaction #1
Grand total: $11.89
Got back $5 ECB for buying $15 worth of Schick products

Third transaction:
Cascade dish detergent: $4 w/card
(2) Mr. Clean Magic Eraser 2-packs: $3 each w/card
Coupons: $1.50 off 2 Mr. Clean products, $0.50 off Cascade item, $5 ECB from transaction #2
Grand total: $3.70
Got back $3 ECB to save for my next visit!

 Yep, after a couple of weeks off, it feels good to be back in the game. :)  How about you?  Any good deals you've found?

No comments: