6.19.2011

CVS trip...paid tax only!

I am still stoked about this morning's trip to CVS so I just had to share. :)  I went today to just pick up a very few things and ended up doing well, in my opinion.  Here's what I got:


Being that its summertime and my kids are loving the outdoors, I'm seeing many more scrapes and scratches and they're certainly asking for Band-Aids frequently enough!  Hannah in particular LOVES Band-Aids, so we keep a good stock when we can.  Her favorite Band-Aids are the Toy Story band-aids, so when we ran out a couple of weeks ago, she was upset but making do with her Hello Kitty and Strawberry Shortcake bandages.  ANYWAY.  When I saw the CVS deal for $3 ECB when you buy $10 worth of Neosporin and/or Band-Aid products, I was excited.  I headed on over and picked some up.  I had a coupon for $1.50 off when you buy a Neosporin AND Band-Aid product, so of course I used that!
*NOTE: The register did NOT print up the $3 ECB's at first, but I pulled out the ad and showed the cashier that the ad didn't specify that the Band-Aids had to be plain ol' Band-Aids...just $10 worth of Band-Aid and/or Neosporin products.  She was awesome and agreed with me, so she printed them up for me, but just so you know...the character Band-Aids might give you a problem if you try to get the ECB's by buying them!

I also saw that they were running a B1G1 free sale on Scotch tape.  Since Chris has been developing and expanding his at-home business of selling online (through Amazon and half.com) he does a lot of shipping, so it was worth it to pick up some tape for when he needs to secure the bigger packages.  I had lots of coupons (printed through a link I got off the Southern Savers site) and, since they were B1G1 free, I could use TWO coupons for each set. :)  So the rolls of Magic tape that were $1.99 ended up being FREE after using my two $1 off coupons.  The packing tape was $4.99 and B1G1 free as well, so after using two $1 off coupons I spent $2.99 for those two rolls.

All in all, my subtotal before coupons SHOULD have been $21.12...however, I had $7.50 in coupons, bringing the total down to $13.62.  I then used my ECB's from last week's trip, which totaled $13.49.  When the tax and everything got adjusted, it ended up that they OWED me money.  They are not allowed to give me money back, so I ended up buying a king-size Snickers and a king-size pack of M&M's for Chris (Happy Father's Day!), which brought my subtotal to $0.13.  After adding the tax on these items to that $0.13, I ended up paying $1.53 out of pocket.  I also walked away with $3 ECB for next week. NICE. 
*ANOTHER NOTE:  They have a promotion right now for Mars candy products...spend $10 and get $3 ECB's.  These were $1 each and count as 2 of my 10, so I might be heading back to stock up on more chocolate if I can hunt down some decent coupons to "sweeten" the deal (pun intended!)...

So what about you?  Any awesome deals you've caught or thought about?  Let me know!!

No comments: