6.17.2011

Rite-Aid Rocks!

So I haven't gone to Rite Aid or CVS in a couple of weeks.  Its not that I haven't wanted to...I just haven't had the time and haven't needed anything badly enough.  I am *not* one of those Extreme Coupon crazy people who buys stuff just to buy it.  I don't have the time, energy or storage space in my house for all that.  Anyway, I happened to look at my Rite Aid +UP bucks (which are similar to CVS Extra Care bucks) and noticed that my $10 +UP bucks were going to expire on Saturday!  ACK!  I simply refuse to let $10 just get thrown away.  No way, no how.  Those +UP rewards are like CASH MONEY, folks, so please, please, please do not just throw them away!  OK, enough about that.

So I checked out the Rite Aid ad from this week and decided to make a stop while I was out and about with a good friend yesterday.  If you've been following me on Facebook, you might know that the kids are visiting their grandparents in Alabama for a few days and while there are no little people running around destroying everything, Chris and I are taking the time alone to get stuff cleaned up and organized around the house.  So, when I saw that Rite Aid was having a Lysol promotion, I had to go after it.  (Unfortunately, I forgot to get a picture of everything I bought, since I immediately came home and started *using* the products.)  Here's what I picked up:

2 bottles of Lysol bathroom tub & tile aerosol cleaner (on sale 2 for $5)
2 bottles of Lysol trigger all-purpose cleaner (on sale 2 for $5)
1 bottle of Lysol trigger bathroom cleaner (2 for $5...since I bought one it was $2.50)
1 bottle of Lysol trigger kitchen cleaner (2 for $5...so $2.50 for one)

Gain dish detergent (on sale for $0.88)
2 bottles of Ajax dish detergent (on sale for $0.88 each)
TOTAL (before coupons): $17.64

Coupons used:
$1 off 2 aerosol bathroom cleaners
$1 off 2 all-purpose trigger cleaners
$1 off one trigger cleaning product
$1 off Gain detergent
$1 off 2 Ajax products
$1 off Lysol product (from Rite Aid video values site)
Also used $10 +UP rewards
Grand total after coupons & sales tax: $3.87!
AND...since I spent $15 on Lysol products, I got $5 +UP rewards to use on my next transaction!

On my second transaction, I decided to pick up some sunscreen.  As much as the kids love to be outside, I figured it couldn't hurt to stock up.  Rite Aid is running a Coppertone promotion, where you get $5 +UP back when you buy 2 bottles of sunscreen for $9 each.  Here's what I got:

1 bottle of Coppertone Sport sunscreen (for me and Chris): $9
1 bottle of Coppertone Babies Tear-Free sunscreen: $9
Total (before coupons): $18
Coupons used:
$1 off Coppertone product (used 2)
$1 off Coppertone product (from Rite Aid video values site...used 2 of these as well)
Also used the $5 +UP rewards from my 1st transaction
Grand Total (after coupons and sales tax): $9.19 (which kinda makes it like a B1G1 free deal!)
I also received my $5 +UP rewards which I will save for my next visit.

Not too bad, in my opinion!  Anyone else get any awesome deals this week?

No comments: