6.05.2011

Sunday Savings!

So today I got up and went to CVS and Publix for some early-bird shopping!  I got away with some great deals, in my opinion, and just had to share!

First, I stopped to pick up TWO double coupon editions of the paper since this Sunday there are not only Smart Source and Redplum inserts, but also a Proctor & Gamble insert as well.  I headed over to CVS, where there were some great deals starting today.  Even though I got there @ 8 am, I was still too late for some of the more hardcore couponing ladies, since there were a couple of items already cleared out.  Crazy!

Anyway, I feel really good about  my savings at CVS today since I got all this:
...for $11.93!  That's two Oral-B power toothbrushes, a 1-liter bottle of Crest dental rinse, a bottle of Excedrin, a tube of deodorant, a pack of Huggies diapers and a bin of Huggies wipes!  Without coupons, all of this would have cost me $32.66 (not counting tax), so I think its pretty cool that I got all this for just under twelve bucks!  Oh, and the best part?  I left with $13.49 in ECB for next week's trip!  Yahoo!  I purchased all of this in one single transaction today because I had gotten a $4 off $20 purchase coupon in my email this week.  I could have paid less out-of-pocket, but I would have had to do four different transactions and of course, wouldn't have been able to save that $4 (nor would I have had as many ECB's for next week).  Oh, and I made sure to take my reusable bag with the CVS Green Bag Tag attached so I could get it scanned!  (You get $1 ECB after using it four times.  I've already used mine seven times, so after one more visit I'll get another ECB!)

After leaving CVS, I headed over to Publix to do a little grocery shopping!  I walked out with this:
...for $27.68!  In case you can't see it, I picked up two boxes of fruit snacks, two bottles of Suave body wash, two bottles of Bayer Aspirin, six Yoplait yogurts, strawberry cream cheese, Nestle refrigerated cookie dough, two boxes of Ritz crackers, two boxes of Ronzini Garden Delight pasta, pancake syrup, two boxes of corn dogs, two packs of Hormel deli meat, a pack of 4 AA batteries, two bottles of Sunny D, frozen sausage biscuits, and a gallon of milk! Without coupons, all of that would have cost me $69.53...but by matching coupons with Publix's B1G1free deals, I was able to save $41.85 (or 60%).

Someone told me this morning at church that they just didn't have time to clip coupons, but honestly...I don't see how you can afford NOT to!  When I think of how much my grocery bill has been reduced by learning how to coupon, I get so excited and want to share what I have learned!  If you have any questions, please ask!  I may not know everything about couponing, but I am happy to share the few tips and tricks that I do know!

No comments: