4.16.2011

Back from a Break!

I'm baaaack! :)  Since I am *not* an extreme couponer, I did not do my usual Sunday drugstore deals last week.  I took a week off because, frankly, we didn't really need anything and the deals weren't so amazing that I just had to get out there and take advantage of them.  So there!  See?  I am not an "organized hoarder" like the crazy people on TLC.

This week, however, I am totally back in the game.  I am planning to hit up the CVS and Rite-Aid tomorrow.  CVS is gonna be good because I have $10 ECB to start with, and Rite-Aid is just having some awesome freebie deals and those deals, combined with my $5 +UP rewards from a couple of weeks ago, will make for a really good shopping trip.

First, you should really check out this week's CVS deals and Rite-Aid deals from my favorite couponing source...Southern Savers!

Now, here's my plan for CVS:  I'm going to pick up some Easter basket grass, a PAAS egg decorating kit, a Green bag tag, a GE Energy Smart light bulb, (3) 12-packs of Coke products, 2 tubes of Maybelline Mascara, 18 rolls of Cottonelle TP, and a pack of Pull-Ups.  My total (before coupons and tax) would be $46.77...but with the $10 ECB and coupons I have, I will pay only $24.27 plus tax and get back $13.97 ECB for next week (so its kinda like paying only $10.30 for all of it).  Nice!


Rite-Aid will be even better!  They are having a sale where if you buy $30 worth of certain household items you will earn $10 +UP rewards.  I am planning to take advantage of this and buy a can of Lysol Neutra Air, 2 bottles of Windex, some Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets, 2 cans of Febreze Air Effects, some Lysol toilet bowl cleaner, a box of Ziploc bags, 2 cans of Glade aerosol, and 2 Glade candles.  My total for all of this (before coupons or tax) would be $31.47...but with my $5 +UP rewards and my Rite-Aid coupons (through the adperk website) matched with manufacturer coupons, I will pay only $8.72 plus tax AND I will get $10 +UP rewards back (so its kinda like they're paying me $1.28 to take it out of the store)!!!

Of course, by the time I get there after church...who knows what will be there and what will happen.  Of course I will post an update, but this is why I have learned to take ALL my coupons with me, not just the ones I plan to use.  :)  For example, I have a ton of extra coupons cut out for the Rite-Aid products, just in case the items I plan to buy are sold out.  There were a ton of other items I could buy to reach the $30 limit and if I can use coupons to buy those items, I will.

Anyone else planning to hit the drug stores tomorrow??  Let me know if you have a strategy that works for you!

No comments: