4.09.2011

TLC's Extreme Couponing...my thoughts

I've heard and read a lot about TLC's show Extreme Couponing and, after watching several episodes, I feel like I can now write a fair and balanced review. (Just call me Fox News, y'all!)

So, here goes.  First of all, there is *no way* these stores would allow someone to stand in line and separate their purchases in up to 18 separate transactions.  18??  And its pretty obvious that these stores are blatantly breaking their own coupon policies in order to be shown on TV.  This is so misleading because you know there are going to be those people who try to emulate these crazy ladies and get out there trying to use a thousand different coupons and they're gonna be mad when they can't.

I am NOT an "extreme couponer."  I do love a good deal.  I stock up on items we use or will use in the near future when they are on sale (things like TP, paper towels, kleenex, diapers, shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc) but I don't have a stockpile or anything.  I read several couponing blogs and this article by Traci (Southern Coupon Belle) hit the nail on the head for me.  I totally agree with her about the "Golden Rule of Couponing."  I *never* take the last item on the shelf.  I rarely ever take more than two of anything.  (Those women on the show who took 65 bottles of mustard or 54 bottles of Maalox??  That's just rude and selfish!)  You really should just go read that article.  She says it much better than I do. :)

Anyway...enough of that.  Happy couponing!  And remember:  Use coupons unto others as you would have them use coupons unto you!

No comments: