4.04.2011

A Word About Walgreens...

I had a question about shopping at Walgreens yeaterday, and I wanted to address it.  First of all, YES you can get great deals at Walgreens just like you can at CVS and Rite-Aid.  At Walgreens, you don't have to have a store loyalty card, either, so don't worry about having to add yet another of those little cards to your already massive key chain. :)  The Register Rewards (that's what they call them) print up automatically after your purchase of select items, just like Extra Care Bucks (ECB) print up at the bottom of your receipt at CVS.  Nice!

However.

I'm not sure if this is a nationwide Walgreens policy, but at least at every Walgreens I've been to here in my area here in Georgia, they require that you have an equal number of items that you're purchasing and coupons or RR (Register Rewards).  This is very different than CVS' policy. 

At CVS, I can go (like I did yesterday) and buy 4 items (a pack of diapers, two packs of TP, and a bottle of dish soap), and use 7 coupons (3 ECB credits, a $5 off coupon, a $3 diaper coupon, a $0.25 off TP coupon, and a $1 off dish soap coupon) with no problem.  This would not be allowed at Walgreens.  At Walgreens, I would have to buy 3 extra small "filler" items in order to be able to use the three extra coupons.  I'd probably pick up maybe the cheapest gum or candy I could find, but still...Its just a kink in the system that you have to get used to.

Walgreens is not as close to my house as the other stores (CVS and Rite-Aid), but since I know it is more convenient for many of you who are reading this, I am going to make a point to get out there sometime this week so I can get together an example of how I used the RR (Register Rewards) and coupons to save some cash!  I'll do the same for Rite-Aid as well, so stay tuned. Already working on those coupons...

1 comment:

Traci said...

Make sure you explain how you can't use a RR from let's say Colgate on another Colgate, the brand or the family of products.