4.03.2011

CVS Sunday!

OK, so if you read my post from yesterday (no, not Chris' Publix post...my CVS post!), you may remember my plan.  If not, click on that link and you'll see what I planned to do/buy/save.  Well, the thing about plans are that they don't always come through.  See, my local paper didn't have the Charmin coupon that was posted on Southern Savers, so I couldn't use that, and CVS was already cleaned out of the GUM-eez flossers by the time I got there after church.  Not that I necessarily needed or wanted flossers, but I was excited to get the $4 ECB that I would have gotten from buying them for 50 cents (after coupons)  and use them towards buying the diapers and toilet paper that I *did* want and need, but whatevs...

Here's what actually did end up happening on today's trip:

Transaction 1:
(2) Oral-B Advantage toothbrushes.....$2.99 each
(2)  M&M-filled Easter eggs................$0.99 each
Coupons: B1G1 Oral-B toothbrush...-$2.99
               $2 off Oral-B toothbrush....-$2.00
               $2 off two Mars candies.....-$2.00
Grand total (including tax):.............$1.47
ECB received: $1.98 ($0.99 per toothbrush)

Transaction #2:
Pampers (70-count)......................$18.99
(2) Charmin TP (9 rolls)................$5.49 each
Dawn Hand Renewal dish soap.....$0.99
Coupons: $5 off $25 purchase.....-$5.00
                ECB...........................-$3.50
                ECB...........................-$5.00
                $0.25 off Charmin......-$0.25
                $1.00 off Dawn..........-$1.00
                $3.00 off Pampers......-$3.00
Grand total: (including tax):.....$12.81
ECB received: $10 (for buying $30 worth of participating products--the Pampers, Charmin, & Dawn)

All in all, I think a grand total of $14.28 out-of-pocket is a really good deal for 2 toothbrushes, 70 Pampers diapers, 18 rolls of TP, 1 bottle of dish soap, and 2 Easter eggs. :)  Plus, I got $10 of store credit for next time, so that makes the deal even sweeter.  Let me know if you have any questions!

P.S. -- I got myself another double coupon edition of the Sunday paper today!  Chris and I are gonna cancel our newspaper subscription and just go get this double coupon edition, I do believe!

No comments: