4.02.2011

Sunday's on the way!

Woohoo! Its almost Sunday!

I look forward to Sunday for two major reasons...First, because I absolutely l-o-v-e my church.  The small group is just fantastic, and the worship is amazing.  God is truly in that place.  Secondly, because Sunday is the day the drugstores start their sales!  Heehee! :)

Thursday night is when Jenny at Southern Savers gets the preview for the upcoming sales at CVS, Walgreens & Rite-Aid, so I usually get online after the kids go to bed and look at the deals to see if its worth going.  This week, I decided it would be worth a trip to CVS!  Here's a link to the CVS deals for this week if you're interested in checking it out!

Here's what I'm planning to get and how I'm planning to do it:

I'm starting with $5 in Extra Care Bucks (from my last visit), and because I am a Facebook fan of CVS, I got an email with an extra coupon for $5 off a $25 purchase (which is perfect for this week's deal) AND an extra $3.50 ECB that will print off at the coupon center at CVS or at the bottom of your receipt.  (I am planning to print them from the coupon center as soon as I get there, since I plan to use them on my first transaction.)

Transaction 1:
(2) Oral-B toothbrushes                       $2.99 each
(2) GUM-eez flossers 75-150 count     $2.00 each
Total (before coupons):                     $9.98 (tax not included)
Coupons:  B1G1 Oral-B (from 3/13)        -2.99
                 $2 off Oral-B toothbrush         -2.00
(2) 0.75 off GUM-eez flossers (printable) -1.50
                   ECB (from email)                  -3.50
GRAND TOTAL:  Well...If I didn't have to pay sales tax, they would actually owe me a penny. :)  Since I will have to pay tax on this stuff, though, I'll end up paying something like $0.46.  Crazy, huh? Oh, and after only paying 46 cents, I will also get back $5.98 in ECB for buying these specific items.  So its kinda like I'm getting paid to take this stuff out of their store.

Now, for my next transaction...
Transaction #2 is going to be based on a deal that requires you to buy $30 worth of certain items in order to get $10 of ECB back.  (This is where the $5 coupon that I got through email will really come in handy!)  I have a little one who is still in diapers, so I am totally going for the Pampers.  Here's what I'm planning to do:

Pampers (48-76 count)   $18.99
(2) Charmin TP               $ 5.49 each
Dawn dish soap              $  0.99
Total (before coupons):   $30.96 (tax not included)
Coupons:  $3 off Pampers (4/3)   -3.00
                $1/2 Charmin TP         -1.00
                $1 off Dawn                -1.00
                $5 off $25 purchase     -5.00
                ECB (from trans#1)     -5.98
                ECB (prior visit)          -5.00
GRAND TOTAL: $9.98 (plus tax)!!  (Oh, and I will also get the $10 ECB for spending $30 --before coupons and ECB--on these products!)  That $10 ECB will serve me well on future trips to CVS. :)

I hope this helps a bit...Let me know if you're out there hoping to make a trip and have a bit of success yourself!

No comments: