4.07.2011

More Drug Store Deals!

Today I had to go out to get my hair cut  so I decided to get some coupons together and stop by Walgreens & Rite-Aid to pick up some last-minute deals before the new sales start on Sunday!*  No, I'm not addicted...I just can't resist a good deal. :)


First I went to Walgreens.  According to their ad, Walgreens was giving back $2 RR (Register Rewards) when you bought any 2 Herbal Essences, Aussie, or Pantene products, which were on sale for $3.50 each.  I already had some Herbal Essences conditioner at home, so I picked up some shampoo and mousse.  I had a coupon that made it B1G1 free, so I ended up paying $3.94 for the shampoo and mousse.  I then got the $2 RR after my receipt printed.

Now, for my second transaction.  With all my spring cleaning this week, I was actually starting to use up some cleaning supplies.  I decided to take advantage of the advertised deal that stated that if I bought $10 worth of cleaning products I would get $3 RR back.  I bought 2 bottles of Mr. Clean All-Purpose cleaner, and two 2-packs of Magic Erasers.  (I love those things!)  My subtotal for these items was $10.83.  I used three coupons:  $1 off any 2 Mr. Clean products, $0.75 Magic Eraser, and $0.75 off Mr. Clean floor cleaner.  Since I had four items, I was also able to use the $2 RR I earned from the first transaction, so that brought my total down to $6.45, and I got $3 RR back after my receipt printed.  All in all, I spent $10.39 and I already have $3 to put toward my next purchase.

After I left Walgreens, I headed over to Rite-Aid.  I was just there a couple of days ago but they'd been restocked, so I was able to get a couple of things I'd missed out on earlier, which was cool. 

First, I picked up the hairbands.  These were on sale for $1.99 w/the +wellness card and when you bought them, you'd get $1.99 +UP rewards, which kinda makes them FREE! :)  I bought them first, so that cost me $2.14, then I got $1.99 +UP back.

For my second transaction, I bought a bottle of Garnier shampoo.  On my Garnier transaction from a couple of days ago, I hadn't realized that the products were BIGI 50% off, so my total hadn't actually been $15, so I had not gotten the $5 +UP back.  I was only $1.99 off from reaching it, though, so I bought the bottle of shampoo (which was $3.99), used a $1 off coupon and the $1.99 +UP  rewards, which made my total $1.28.  Now that the computer detected that I had spent $15 on Garnier products within the week, I got my $5 +UP rewards.  Nice!

On my third transaction, I decided to go for the advertised Burt's Bees deal.  If you spent $15 on Burt's Bees products, you would get $5 +UP rewards back.  Well, if you remember...Rite-Aid has this awesome website where you can watch these short advertisement videos and get store coupons.  If you can match these with manufacturer coupons, you can save even more!  I watched several of these videos and got Rite-Aid coupons for Burt's Bees Lip Products and Lotions and a $2 off $10 Burt's Bees purchase.  After using a $2 off lotion, $1 off lip item, the $2 off $10 purchase coupon, and the $5 +UP rewards from my 2nd transaction, my total was $8.17, and I got back $5 +UP rewards to use next time I go.  Not too bad!  All in all, I paid $11.59 for the above pictured items and got $5 back in store credit. :)

*Thursday night is when Jenny at Southern Savers publishes the upcoming deals for the drugstores, so keep your eyes open and check her site tonight!  I will be at a girls' sleepover at my church tonight so I will be going through withdrawal, but you'd better believe I will be scouring the deals and developing my plan for Sunday as soon as I get home on Friday!  (Well, after I get some rest, that is...)

No comments: